cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 standby wake-up BUG?

one V
Associate III

STM32 standby mode, standby wake-up pin PA0 and RTC wake up, both can work normally. The problem encountered is: If the wake-up pin PA0 is kept high, when the PA0 high-level hold time exceeds the wake-up time set by the RTC after standby, the chip dies unless the reset button is pressed. Temporarily only test the standby wake-up of the two types of STM32F0 and STM32F4, HAL library.

6 REPLIES 6

Post code and describe, what do you exactly mean by "completely stuck".

JW

one V
Associate III

There is no problem with the separate button (PA0) standby wake-up and RTC standby wake-up. However, if the button (PA0) is pressed and the wake-up pin is held high, the entire MCU will be completely stuck when the RTC time arrives to wake up standby. A reset pin is required to reset.

GEmel
Associate

We have faced with the same problem in our devices. We are using STM32F405RGT6 and SPL library. There is no problem to wake-up using PA0 or RTC separately. But if the wake-up pin (PA0) is held high (in our case it may happen if connected button gets stuck), MCU can not wake-up using RTC. Only reset pin allows to restore normal work.

Sounds like erratum Wakeup sequence from Standby mode when using more than

one wakeup source ...

JW

DGolo
Associate

I found same problem on a STM32F207VG. Separately PA0 wakeup and tamper/timestamp(PC13) wakeup from standby mode work fine.

But if I enable it both, then PA0 wakeup work fine, but PC13 tamper activation makes MCU freeze. It does not work until a hardware reset is made.

DGolo
Associate

And a problem solved.

If PA0 = 1, when MCU goes to standby, RTC interrupt does freeze MCU.

But if PA0=0(when a MCU goes to standby), and PA0 rising - wakeup work. And a RTC wakeup work too!

In my schematic wakeup button was connected from PA0 to ground, and PA0 line has pull-up to +3V.

I thinked a MCU will be wakeup from standby on release button(rising edge). Now i change schematic - PA0 will be pull-up to GND, and button switch it to +3V.