cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX Mac updater does not work

Till Rachow
Associate III

Hi,

whenever I try to run the CubeMX updater on MacOS, using sudo, the update will fail with:

" Updater cannot write on Software Folder. It's probably due to a bad Acces Privilege."

I tried to give everyone, admin and me the right to read and write the folder and the app itself. No success!

Anybody knows how to make it work?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Khouloud GARSI
Lead II

Hi @Till Rachow​ ,

Your seen behavior is reported to our CubeMX team.

We will update you ASAP.

Khouloud.

Hi @Till Rachow,

Thanks for your feedback,

Unfortunately, I have not been able to reproduce this issue. Can you please help us to solve this by:

• Indicate your CubeMX version.
  • share your .log file ( you will find it under this directory: Users/..../.stm32cubemx/).
  • inform us about the access mode for your "repository" folder: can you please apply ls -ll for "STM32Cube" folder (/Users/.../STM32Cube/).

Thanks in advance for helping to complete this thread,

Best regards,

Mohamed

Till Rachow
Associate III

Hi @Mohamed Mansouri​ ,

I have CubeMX Version 4.26.1

-ll gives me : drwxr-xr-x 11 username staff 352 2 Aug 16:57 Repository

Thanks,

Till

KOstr
Associate

Have the same problem with the V4.19.0.

KOstr
Associate

On Win7 64Bit Ultimate

Hi @Till Rachow​,

Unfortunately, i couldn't reproduce this issue. Installing CubeMX using sudo and under application folder, I succeeded to launch the updater without any problems.

Can you please tell us if you are using Proxy or WiFi for internet connection.

Can you also, please, give more details about the steps to reproduce this bug (how did you launch the updater, when exactly did the pop up message occur).

Try to delete this two folders: .stm32cubemx and .stmcufinder ( you find it under /Users/tilljascharachow/) and check if there are generated again when you restart CubeMX.

Best regards,

Mohamed

sqnewton
Associate

I am having the same problem with Mac. Plus funny that the error message has some typos ("It's pobably" and "Acces". Anyone has been successful with this? Plus installing the 32L476 package doesn't work well either... I wish ST would pay more attention to their development community.

Derry Tannama
Associate

Hi when i update CubeMX Version 4.27, i have same problem with you

for solving this, i just run MX Cube icon in dekstop with 'Run As Administrator' and it works normally

Maybe it can works with you

Thanks

spectator
Associate II

I have the same problem. Running Mojave 10.14.4, STM32CubeMX Version 4.22.1 (STM32Cube V1.0) .

I launch the app with sudo: $ sudo open -a /Applications/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeMX.app

I select menu Help>Check For Updates

I am offered MX.5.2.0 and I check this box, then click on Install Now

FIles download and a dialog appears "You need to restart STM32CubeMX with Administrator privileges to terminate installation"; I click OK

I close the Update Manager window

I File>Exit from the main window

I launch the app with the same sudo (see above)

The update always, always fails claiming error "Software cannot write on Software Folder."