cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC_ME_IS.I_MTC stuck at 0

Yalin Gurcan
Associate II

Hi all,

I am trying to generate a clock output from an SPC570S40E1 mcu using modified version of the sample SPC570S discovery codes on SPC5 Studio. I have a 16 MHz external crystal connected to the mcu.

After selecting appropriate MC_CGM and MC_ME.RUN_PCn settings, my code is stuck at __early_init, when trying to switch again to DRUN to update the settings. The MC_ME.IS.I_MTC is never toggled to 1.

ME_GS.S_MTRANS is toggled to 1. However, just for the sake of error tracing, I tried to switch to RUN0 instead of DRUN (when S_CURRENT_MODE is at DRUN) and even though S_MTRANS is toggled to 1, S_CURRENT_MODE stays at 0x3 (DRUN). ME_MCTL.TARGET_MODE is toggled to 0x4 (RUN0).

After some tinkering around, I have noticed that my clock signal might not be appropriate; it is between 40mV and 1.12 V peak to peak and as far as I've understood from the data sheet, I'd need at least 1.5 V max peaks on my clock signal.

However, even though I have switched CGM_AC0_SS, CGM_AC2_SS and CGM_SC_SS to 0x0 (16 MHz internal clock) I am still stuck at the same step.

Why would the MC_ME.IS.I_MTC be stuck at 0 while trying to switch to DRUN a second time even though I am using the internal clock?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee

0690X0000060RdgQAE.pngHello Yalin ,

Could you check ME_DRUN_MC ?

it is maybe badly configured

Best regards

Erwan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee

0690X0000060RdgQAE.pngHello Yalin ,

Could you check ME_DRUN_MC ?

it is maybe badly configured

Best regards

Erwan

Yalin Gurcan
Associate II

Yeah, it was indeed a badly configured ME_DRUN_MC. Thanks!