cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F427 and SDRAM

Bucky
Associate II

Hi guys,

I'm using an stm32f427 interfaced with an external SDRAM by mean of FMC controller.

The controller is configured with SDRAM clock period = 2 x HCLK periods and to support burst read (RBURST bit = 1).

It's not clear to me how to set the RPIPE parameter since i haven't understood its actual purpose even if I have read the description "these bits define the delay, in HCLK clock cycles, for reading data after CAS latency".

Is this a delay needed by AHB bus to complete data transfer from SDRAM or is needed by SDRAM memory itself?

Is it just used to add an extra-data in controller cacheable FIFO (according to formula "CAS latency + 1 + (RPIPE delay) / 2)" ?

Has this parameter an impact on memory R/W cycle?

Up to now I have set it to one HCLK clock cycle delay (local rule of thumb : ).

I suspect that this setting is not meaningful and I don't know if it could affect read/write of data.

Here are some reference in case they can be of help

* STM32F427II @HCLK = 180MHz

* SDRAM @SDCLK = 90MHz, CAS latency = 3 (dev data-sheet http://www.issi.com/WW/pdf/42-45S81600F-16800F.pdf)

Thanks in advance for your help,

Stefano

1 REPLY 1

@ST Community​ Please have staff or FAE with specific SDRAM or implementation level understanding engage.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..