cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover bricked STM32F051R8T6(STM32F0 discovery)?

GenuineDeveloper
Associate III

My device is STM32F051R8T6, the same used in STM32F0 discovery board.

I was tweaking with the clock configuration section to try different clock configurations like HSI and HSE, etc. I could erase, flash and verify the program successfully, however the output doesn't seem to work as expected. So, i tried a simple GPIO pin toggle in program and flashed it successfully to the chip, still the output didn't change/work at all. I flashed the same program into my stm32f0 discovery board and the output worked fine. What might have happened to the STM32F051R8 chip? I guess I might have bricked the device, because of the clock tweaks.

How do I resolve this issue? How do I prevent this from happening in the future.

Any valid inputs will be of great help.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
GenuineDeveloper
Associate III

A quick update!

The program works fine when in debug mode. But as soon as I stop the debugger, the program stops executing. What could be the problem?

T J
Lead

is Boot0 low or High ?

I tie it low with 10K, to always boot from user flash

T J
Lead

in Visual studio, if I stop debugging, the Processor is locked at stop or break, I guess.

I have to power off to release the SWD, then the board reboots from user flash when the power is reapplied.

GenuineDeveloper
Associate III

Yes, the BOOT0 pin is pulled low with 10K resistor. I was tweaking the clock configuration, I read somewhere that it can brick the device. Now, does it have anything to do with flash bootloader concept?