cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linker Script for external SDRAM

N ORhan
Associate III

Hello everyone. Can anynone please explain the steps to configure linker script to use external SDRAM? I'm using Atollic True Studio as IDE and STM32F746GDISCO as evaluation board.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Take a look at this example, likely others in the repository

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.12.0\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Examples\FMC\FMC_SDRAM_DataMemory\SW4STM32\STM32746G_DISCOVERY\STM32F746NGHx_FLASH.ld

The linker script just describes memory regions, code in your startup file would need to bring the memory up, and copy over the statics, etc.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
N ORhan
Associate III

Thanks for your reply but what should i do step by step to have external SDRAM work properly. For example, Atollic TrueStudio can not read the values of variables stored in the address higher than 0xC0000000 which i defined as SDRAM region in the linker script.

It says "Failed to execute MI command:

-data-evaluate-expression RGB565_480x272

Error message from debugger back end:

Cannot access memory at address 0xc0000000".

What configurations should i do to make my defined address range in linker script accessible?

N ORhan
Associate III

I'm not using any HAL driver or library so i want to understand the whole concept to make my project work properly.

Thanks again Clive for your reply.