Associate II
Posted on December 04, 2008 at 08:43

uIP for Rowley Crossworks 1.7

7 REPLIES 7
williamjsell
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:50

Hi Ollos,

I spoke with Paul Curtis at Rowley some time ago and he indicated they are developing their own stack. Not sure where he is in this process, but you might want to email him. I also have a project which requires a stack and I am using Crossworks. I have not looked at this part of my project yet, but we should share information to see how we can help each other...

-Bill

ollos
Associate II

Hi everybody!

Did anybody port uIP (for STR912 of course) to Rowley Crossworks 1.7? I try to do this but I can't run anything else than ARP.

ollos
Associate II

Hi Bill

I wasn't on forum for couple days. I'll email Paul Curtis and I'll get to know when I receive reply. I also think we should share informations

BTW: Which tools do you use? I mean CrossConnect, Wiggler or something else? I try to use clone of Wiggler.

---

ollo

achim
Associate

Good morning,

I am new to this forum and new to ARM but not to software development on other microcontrollers.

I have just started getting familiar with CrossWorks and with my development board (STR9 comStick), and I am going to deal with an IP stack next.

I hope we can help each other, and please let us know if you receive a reply from Paul Curtis.

Regards,

Achim

ollos
Associate II

I've received reply from Paul Curtis. But there is no timeframe for release the TCP/IP stack under Crossworks. It will become available but not know when.

As long I can't run uIP under Crossworks. But the same uIP works under Idealist [and both Crossworks and Idealist are GCC-compatible]. I have no idea what can be wrong.

williamjsell
Associate II

Hi Ollos,

Here is a copy of the message I sent to Adam's mailing list in Sweden. Did you have to deal with the issues of the dabort_handler trapping exceptions from the IAR implementation?

-Bill

I am attempting to use uIP with Crossworks ARM and the STR912 device from ST. It appears that all the low-level drivers are working, but when I ping the board, the target turns around and echos back the same ICMP packet. With my sniffer it looks like the host (PC) is sending out a gazillion ARP requests, but they are coming from the target hardware. I took the uIP load from IAR and ported this over to Crossworks from Rowley. I had to make several code changes: added the ((pack)) and ((align)) attributes to the arp data structures as the source and destination IP's were getting misaligned. I had to change code like

arp_iphdr *BUF = (arp_iphdr *)uip_buf;

to

arp_iphdr iphdr;

arp_iphdr *BUF

BUF = &iphdr;

If I did not do this, calls like BUF->type would cause a data abort error on the bus. Apart from this, the uIP is untouched. Not sure why the ping is not correctly handled, any ideas?

-Bill

rkraan9
Associate

Hi

Does anyone have an other port of an TCP/IP stackt for crosworks >

Thanks in advance

Ruben