Associate II
Posted on May 11, 2009 at 17:09

JTAG debug IAR - Don't work!

4 REPLIES 4
cgrenier
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:11

Hello,

I am working on a new project using the STM32F101R8T6 and IAR 5.11. I used the latest STM32 library 3.0. It seems that the interrupt doesn't work in debug session. I enabled the SysTick at each ms. I don't have any interrupt. While I close the debug session and reset the board, the interrupt works... I know that it works because I toggle a led.

I need some help to understand that problem!

Regards

Christian

relaxe
Associate II

I don't know why, but I know this:

IAR Breakpoints works, but they do not ''step'' into the interrupts. However, interrupts keep occuring.

If you place a beakpoint in an interrupt routine, it will break at the right time.

If you place a breakpoint in both main and int code, IAR should switch between those two, but may have some ''problems'' doing so.

So, if you want to debug an interrupt routine, put breakpoints exclusively into interrupt routines. Should work :p

-relaxe

cgrenier
Associate II

Thanks for your reply, but not useful. I didn't insert any break in the ISR. What I know, it works fine if I execute the program without the debug session. It's so weird! I see led toggling right now. If I return in debug session, no toggling occurs!

Thanks

zsmith
Associate II

what relaxe is saying is that you SHOULD put a breakpoint in your ISR to see if it is executing. Then when you start the debug session, just hit run (or step). It should break when it gets to the ISR - But only if you insert a breakpoint in the ISR.

-zach