Associate II
Posted on July 04, 2008 at 11:34

UART bootloader and HiTOP+tantino bank switching

2 REPLIES 2
pontus
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:53

Hi

I am implementing the UART bootloader available at ST's website for my STR912 evalboard from Hitex (rev. H). Has anyone figured out how to set up HiTOP so that the flash banks are remapped in hardwar and which the correct flash bank adresses are (there is a setting in HiTOp under ''Flash programming'' for this)?

I downloaded the IAR compiler, and compiled the bootloader example from ST. I did change the FMI_Config function in 91x_fmi.c to

__ramfunc void FMI_Config(....)

since it needs to executed from RAM.

I have to use HiTOP with the Tantino JTAG debugger since those are the tools I have available :). I can program the µC from HiTOP with the intel hex file that IAR gives me though. At the moment it either programs the µC but doesnt start, or it refuses to program at all depending on my settings.

margd123
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:53

Hi,

It's possible to remap the banks in hardware with HiTOP.

From the toolbar menu choose project->settings->ARM966 core->CSx Mapping and then choose the bank that you want to boot from.

Concerning the functions in fmi.c file ,When using HiTOP + tasking compiler, you should add these pragma before and after each function to be executed from ram

example:

#pragma section_code_init on

void fun()

{

prinf(''hello world'');

}

#pragma section_code_init restore

But you must use a new version of the tasking compiler (v 2.0r3).

When power off/on the borad or loading an application into target, HiTOP resets the target and sets by default the bank 0 in the main flash,that's why the application may not work, so to avoid this problem you should maintain the key buton pressed (for the uart bootloader example) when loading or power on/of the target.

regards,

mgd.