tomislav
Associate II
Posted on May 05, 2008 at 10:00

ST32F101 Flash Loader Problem

4 REPLIES 4
tomislav
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:34

We are using custom made board with Cortex STM32F101T6U6 processor. And we have problems flashing it using STM Flash Loader application.

The communication between PC and Cortex is working properly and we can connect to the chip and retrieve it's type and ID. But when we try to erase it or download hex file it reports ERASE FAIL.

What is more interesting after the erase fails we can see that all flash memory pages are read protected.

The power supply of the Cortex is 3.30V and maximal current is more that enough (up to 3A). The external oscillator is using 8.0MHz quartz.

I am attaching the screen shot of the Initial screen of STM Flash Loader application, then the page with ERASE FAIL message and the screen with flash memory bank status after ERASE FAIL. Also in the attach are log files with communication between PC and Cortex. First file ''STM32F101.LOG'' is recording of the communication during the whole procedure from processor startup till after erase fail. And the second file ''STM32F101-EraseAll.LOG'' is recorded communication only for the ERASE operation.

For the recording of the communication is used ''Portmon'' software that can be downloaded from www.sysinternals.com. This software do not affect communication, we tried to erase flash and download hex file without this software also and the result was the same.

Regards,

Tom

16-32micros
Associate III

Hi

Could you use the command line software instead posted here :

http://www.st.com/mcu/forums-cat-6720-23.html&start=10

and let me know if you have the same issue.

Cheers,

STOne-32.

tomislav
Associate II

Thank you very much!

Command line tool seams to be working. I hope that STM will make the GUI tool working also.

Regards,

Tom

16-32micros
Associate III

Hi Tom,

Be assured, we will fix this issue with the GUI in next release. It seems a wrong sequence sent to remove the write protection before starting the Erase/program process.

Cheers,

STOne-32.