julien
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:29

Thanks

danielmueller9
Associate

hi!

i am a very very hobby like starter, the cortex is actually the first microcontroller i am playing with... i got the LED example working and now want to read a PWM signal from a MaxSonar range sensor, so I started looking at the PWM input example, but I struggle compiling it.

first I found out that I was missing the cortexm3_macro.s file, so I put it in the directory. but now, i dont know how to make/build it. when i just compile the .s file, i get loads of errors saying that the symbol is already defined?!

here some example output:

cortexm3_macro.s:69: Error: symbol `Input' is already defined

cortexm3_macro.s:69: Error: bad instruction `none'

cortexm3_macro.s:70: Error: symbol `Return' is already defined

cortexm3_macro.s:70: Error: bad instruction `none'

cortexm3_macro.s:71: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `*'

cortexm3_macro.s:72: Error: bad instruction `__sev'

cortexm3_macro.s:77: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `*'

maybe someone want to have a look in my makefile...

thx a lot chaps,

dan

andreas2
Associate II

Haven't checked your makefile but it's probably correct. The problem is that you seem to be using the wrong cortexm3_macro.s. They are tool specific and since you use GCC you should take the one from project/Ride. Or use my attached cortexm3_macro.h instead of the one from the library and avoid using an assembly file at all. Plus you might save a few bytes flash :-]. I won't guarantee that it's bug-free, but well, the library isn't either. Please post any corrections.

danielmueller9
Associate

great, thx for the help and hints! am at work at the moment, but will try later and post results, im sure im not the only one struggeling with that 😉

Cheers, Dan