Posted on December 10, 2008 at 04:12

STM32 and Hacker motor

4 REPLIES 4
walterma
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:15

Hi, I'm trying to implement a BLDC controler (motor library 2.0) for a A20-50S

http://www.hacker-motor.com/images/Catalog08/Hacker-2008-WEB%206+7+8.pdf

I use a 1-shunt-topology and an 1024-impulse encoder.

Can you help me to set the parameters for the alignment phase?

Is it possible to implement a controler for this sort af motors? The series inductance of the motor is ~30µH.

Thank you!

gianluigi
Associate II

Hello

With BLDC you mean trapezoidal control?

In this case the available software is for the ST7MC microcontroller. In the next year will came out a new MC kit using STM8 that supports the trapezoidal control.

But I know that both firmware libs will be carried out without support for the encoder sensor.

Best regards

Gigi

walterma
Associate II

Hi Gigi!

I want to use a STM32F103C8T6 for a sinusoidal control in single-shunt topology. I use the MC library ''STM32F103xx permanent-magnet synchronous motor FOC software library V2.0'' (UM0492). I need an encoder for the low speeds.

gianluigi
Associate II

In this case I want to warn you that the distortions caused by the single shunt current reading method can be unacceptable for very low inductance motors.

It is possible that you meet some problems tring to drive this kind of motor using single shunt sinusoidal vector control for this reason I suggest you to try with trapezoidal control.

But if you want to go ahead whith the sinusoidal I think than very soon will be available a new FOC GUI that allows to setup the parameters for Lq < 0.1mH.

Best regards

Gigi