Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF feature of STM32W108CB microcontroller

kavithanathan08
Associate II
Posted on November 07, 2013 at 15:34

Hello,

I want to establish a simple point to point RF communication using STM32w108CB microcontroller. I used the STM32w RF control kit to understand how to use the RF feature. I find the simpleMAC library file for example has the all the necessary functions to establish the RF communication. Now I want to use the STM32w108CB microcontroller to perform the similar task. I built the similar antenna circuit as of the evaluation board and also I copied the simpleMAC library file into my project.  But I could not program the RF to transmit data. It gives me lot of errors.

I have already programmed the STM32w108CB to acquire data from a sensor and store it in DMA memory. Now I need to transfer this data to a receiver using RF. My question is is there any library that I need to include in the project file to use the RF feature?

I modified the sample code given for the evaluation board to allow the SPI to acquire data and transmit the data wirelessly from one board to another evaluation board. I programmed one board as transmitter and other as a receiver. The program works perfect and I view all the data in a hyperterminal window. Since all the library features and files are already given for the board, I could easily establish the RF communication. But how do I establish the similar communication using STM32W108CB?

What are all the library files that I need to add to use the RF feature of the microcontroller. Because details of all other peripherals are given in the STM32w108xx_StdPeriph_Driver.

Regards,

Kavita

#rf-interface #stm32
2 REPLIES 2
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on November 11, 2013 at 13:35

Hi Kavita,

It seems that the STM32W108xx_HAL_Driver

is missed, right?

I

n fact, to use the RF features, you have to include the binary library (example: simplemac-library.a) and the folder STM32W108xx_HAL_Driver.

In the SimpleMAC package there are some examples with the right environment that could be used.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

kavithanathan08
Associate II
Posted on November 13, 2013 at 12:19

Hi Mayla,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried adding the HAL driver and simpleMAC library to the project folder but still it gives me errors. When I add the HAL library, it asks me to choose the development board type (MB950. MB951...). How do I program the RF feature in my board?