Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST BLDC motor control STM3240G-EVAL

dominik
Senior
Posted on April 07, 2014 at 18:06

Hi

I'm working with the STM3240G-EVAL Board and trying to drive a BLDC Motor from Maxon EC-max 30 type 339923 (maxon.com)

On the motor side I have Hall sensors and an encoder with 500impulses / turn, 2 channels A+B and the Z channel.

I used the ST Motor control workbench to set the parameters and IO PINs. Target Lib is SDK v3.4.

I'm wondering why I don't need the HALL sensor signals to detect the correct angle of the motor.

My problem is now, that I have not a sine current on the motor phases and i can't change the speed of the motor...

How can I tune the PID parameters from the speed controller and the PID parameters of the clarke and park transformation?

I really need help as soon as possible because I need to getting run with this motor as soon as possible. I hope that anyone can help me.

The Plot from the oscilloscope is from the turning motor, the yellow CH1 is the Hall sensor signal from the phase U of the Motor, CH2 = U, CH3 = V, CH4 = W.

Best regards, Dominik

#stm3240g
2 REPLIES 2
Gigi
Senior
Posted on May 05, 2014 at 11:05

Ciao Dominik

sorry for the delay, I was fully involved in the development of the new lib. version.

If it can help I can try to answer now to your request.

• I'm wondering why I don't need the HALL sensor signals to detect the correct angle of the motor.
You have both sensors in the motor Hall and Encoder. Each one is able to measure the angle of the motor so you have to chose which one you want to use for your cantrol. As you did you select the Encoder in Drive management->Speed Position Feedback Management so the FOC is performed using the information coming from the Encoder and the informations comiong from the HALL sensors are skipped.

• My problem is now, that I have not a sine current on the motor phases and i can't change the speed of the motor...
It seems that your setup is not done correctly. You setup as speed and position sensor the Encoder so forget abot the captures of Hall sensors...

The implemented FW that manages the Encored is not supporting the Z input but just the two quadarture inputs A and B, more over the alignment procedure is mandatory. So you have to push the encoder alignment button in the LCD or in the WB before to run the motor.

Another test you can do is to enable the DAC and plot the measured angle in other to understand if it is decoded correctly. You can also set the control in sensorless or in open loop and use the Encoder (or the Hall sensor) as Auxiliary sensor and take a look at the measured angle.

Ciao

Gigi

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the section "Motor Control Hardware" to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards