Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB HS core in FS mode

petereckstrand9
Associate II
Posted on July 03, 2015 at 22:56

Hi,

I am using a stm32f427 as a USB host/MSC class, with the host library from the STM32F4-Discovery_FW_V1.1.0 package.

My question is, if I want to use the HS core in FS mode, how should I set the defines in usb_conf.h?

Should I use:

#define USE_USB_OTG_HS or #define USE_USB_OTG_FS?

I call the USBH_Init() with coreID parameter set to USB_OTG_HS_CORE_ID, so the HS core is chosen.

First I used USE_USB_OTG_HS, but could not get the code to work. The device was not enumerated.

Then I changed to USE_USB_OTG_FS and it worked! So I just wanted to chek if this is the correct setting for HS core in FS mode?

Thanks

Peter
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on July 04, 2015 at 02:01

STM32F429I-Discovery_FW_V1.0.1\Projects\FW_upgrade

Uses

USE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER, STM32F429_439xx, USE_USB_OTG_HS, USE_EMBEDDED_PHY

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
petereckstrand9
Associate II
Posted on July 04, 2015 at 16:10

Thanks for reply.

Do you know the status of the host library? Should I change to the Cube version? Is it much better than the Discovery_FW_V1.1.0 version or are they about the same?

Posted on July 04, 2015 at 16:32

When the code is relatively bug-free you don't have to release a new version every few weeks..

The USB library in the STM32F429I-DISCO is basically the V2.1.0 release, which is good for the F2/F4 parts.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
petereckstrand9
Associate II
Posted on July 04, 2015 at 17:59

I don't like their use of blocking wait in several places in the code. In a real application you can't have the CPU blocked for tens of milliseconds. That is really bad code. I can't understand they released such code in fact.