Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSMC interface on STM32F41*

developer2
Senior
Posted on April 13, 2014 at 13:32

Hi All,

please could you help me to implement ADC converter using FSMC interface ?

A/D converter is 16bit and i need high speeds for transfer ... at least 20-30 MSPS

i would like to know which pins to connect ...

of course i'm ready to use FPGA , but i don't know which pins are required to use on STM

Kind regards,

4 REPLIES 4
Posted on April 13, 2014 at 20:18

You should look at examples of SRAM and NAND attachment. NAND will be simpler because it uses very few address lines and uses a command/data register interface. Looking at LCD controller attachment might also be enlightening.

To a peripheral device or FPGA, you'd need the data bus (16-bit), a couple of address pins anywhere in the decode range, the chip select and RD, WR, and control lines.

30 Msps might be on the optimistic side, you'll need to see if the bus can sustain that, and you can if you can manage it on the processing side. The DCMI interface can supposedly pull 54 MHz, and there are always FIFO chips like the AL422B
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
developer2
Senior
Posted on April 13, 2014 at 20:54

Thank You Clive1 for the reply ... is there some example schematic or implementation ?

and please could You write me what is the highest achievable speed for use FSMC in connection with FPGA ?

interface DCMI is very sophisticated to me ... and i need 16bit but there is mentioned only 12bit maximum

Kind regards,

Posted on April 14, 2014 at 01:38

Take a look at the STM3240G-EVAL

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/user_manual/DM00036746.pdf

Look at the code, probably the fw library examples, and the platform builder.

You'll need to evaluate how many cycles the external bus consumes based on the various settings, I haven't done the analysis here, my expectation are that it will be 1/4 to 1/8 of the speed of the internal buses.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
developer2
Senior
Posted on April 14, 2014 at 10:22

Thank You Clive1

Kind regards,