cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 Cube Java JRE Issue

aerospacengineer
Associate II
Posted on February 21, 2014 at 06:22

I tried to run the new STM32Cube MX and I am getting a program needs JRE1.7.45 or newer.  I just installed the latest JRE, now just labeled 7 update X and it still will not launch.  I then tried to uninstall the program and it gave me a bunch of exceptions.  I was finally able to uninstall, and then reinstall.  It still does not work.  According to the user's manual it should even try and take you to the appropriate webpage to download the version of the JRE that is needed.  I would appreciate any help in looking at this.  I am running Win7-64 Pro

8 REPLIES 8
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on February 21, 2014 at 08:29

Hi Adam,

I got the same issue at the beginning & I was automatically redirected to the page for JRE download.

You can download it by your self from this page:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html

You have first to select ''jre-7u51-windows-x64.exe'' and accept license agreement.

Let me know what you got.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee
Posted on February 21, 2014 at 09:45

Also I would recommand to desinstall any installed version of Java before to install the new one.

The installation of java doesn't automatically replace the old installations and the default Java remains the old version

Regards

Daniel

aerospacengineer
Associate II
Posted on February 21, 2014 at 16:17

I did install the latest version straight from the oracle website, though when the error came up, I had to manually go to the webpage myself.  I was not directed there automatically as is indicated in the documentation.  I will go and check to make sure that I am only running the latest version of 7.X, though I do have some programs that require 6.X.  Could this be the root cause of the issue?  If so, is there a work around?

Adam

fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee
Posted on February 27, 2014 at 08:12

a workaround is to define a JAVA_HOME environment variable pointing at the Java 7 installation when you want to run STM32CubeMX.

The other workaround is to explicitly call ''c:\Pro....\Java7\bin\java -jar STM32CubeMX.exe'' in a command prompt and of course giving the full path of the Java 7 java.exe.

Regards

Daniel

engr
Associate
Posted on March 11, 2014 at 23:45

change the extension from STM32CubeMX.exe to STM32CubeMX.jar

maybe the x64 java doesnt allow exe java to run...

HermannKleier
Associate II
Posted on March 23, 2014 at 14:36

I experienced a similar issue under Ubuntu/Wine First, I got the message that SetupSTM32CubeMX-4.0.0.exe requires JRE 1.7.0_ A link directed me to download JRE 1.7. I followed the procedure under http://askubuntu.com/questions/56104/how-can-i-install-sun-oracles-proprietary-java-jdk-6-7-8-or-jre to make it the default Java runtime environment. But it still complained about the missing JRE 1.7.0_ The fix is to invoke:

java -jar SetupSTM32CubeMX-4.0.0.exe

This installs CubeMx. The program is then started by:

java -jar STM32CubeMX.exe

Hope that helps.
filippo239955
Associate
Posted on May 15, 2014 at 15:39

This works!

Thanks

marko239955_stm1_st
Associate II
Posted on June 03, 2014 at 00:36

Hi, 

when I run installer from windows gui, just splash screen shows and then stops. From command prompt I get following response: 

E:\stm32cubemx>java -jar SetupSTM32CubeMX-4.2.0.exe

Exception in thread ''AWT-EventQueue-0'' com.izforge.izpack.api.exception.IzPackEx

ception: com.izforge.izpack.api.exception.ContainerException: com.izforge.izpack

.api.exception.ResourceNotFoundException:

Failed to locate resource: resources

/i

nfo

at com.izforge.izpack.installer.bootstrap.InstallerGui$1.run(InstallerGu

i.java:64)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Sour

ce)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

I unpacked installer and everything was there. 

Finally I moved installer from disk E: to disk C: and voila... it runs!