cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L6390D - changes to VBO_thON & VBO_thOFF ???

jsaunders
Associate
Posted on June 03, 2013 at 16:23

We have noticed a recent change in the operation of our L6390D motor driver circuit that has been in use for 3-4 years.  I see that the data sheet was updated in July 2012 with respect to VBO_thON and VBO_thOFF as well as other parameters. Can anyone tell me: 1) what has changed in this IC since its original design? 2) What are all of the PCNs that pertain to this IC (I can't find them on the web) 3) How do I interpret the date code or fab code on the ICs?  (for example, what does ''91H3102'' mean on the 2nd line of the IC pkg?)

#l6390-pcn-vbo_thon-vbo_thoff
1 REPLY 1
lauria.michele
Associate II
Posted on July 02, 2013 at 11:59

Dear John,

no design/process modifications have been done on L6390 High-voltage gate driver ever since it went into production.

The datasheet modification in the UVLO limits of the floating section is due to the fact that  testing limits in production line have been tighten in order to reduce the tolerance of these parameters.

The firts four characters in the datacode refer to manufacuring site, and the latter three to production week and year (91H3102 have been assembled in wk 10 of 2012).

best regards

Michele Lauria