Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F205 __disable_irq() undefined symbol Keil ARM

giovanni
Associate
Posted on November 20, 2013 at 08:43

Hi.

I want to disable all interrupts in my STM32F205  and I use macro __disable_irq() in core_cmFunc.h.

I verified that this instructions works fine, but in ARM Keil IDE, if I select ''Go to definition of __disable_irq() '' IDe returns me error: ''undefined Definition/Reference'', even if I include core_cmFunc.h.

Why this behaviour?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on November 20, 2013 at 15:50

Why this behaviour?

Keil's browser requires that you have compiled the code, and have the ''Output : Browse Information'' check box checked, doesn't it?

Not sure you explicitly need to include that file either, should get pulled into the CMSIS project via with a #include ''stm32f2xx.h''

Strongly suggest downloading, and using, ST's firmware library, rather than anything that gets packaged with the Keil release you are using.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
giovanni
Associate
Posted on November 21, 2013 at 09:09

Thank you.

Browse Info are checked and also I'm using STM32PH LIbrary, not Keil packages.

This problem is strange because __disable_irq is executed!

John F.
Senior
Posted on November 21, 2013 at 09:36

Tried using ''Find in Files'' ? I'm working with STM32F4 and __disable_irq() is defined in file

STM32F4xx_DSP_StdPeriph_Lib_V1.0.1\Libraries\CMSIS\Include\core_cmFunc.h. It is asm ''cpsid i''. Also see,

http://embeddedfreak.wordpress.com/2009/08/14/cortex-m3-global-interruptexception-control/