cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Driver issues

mattfox
Associate II
Posted on June 10, 2013 at 16:30

In the user manual for the discovery board, it says that an installation wizard should appear when I connect the board to my computer for the first time, but that didn't happen.  I downloaded the driver from here: 

http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/FM146/CL1984/SC724/SS1677/PF251168

When I went to try to run some of the example programs (I'm using Keil), I had errors of the wrong file names for the drivers.  So I went into the file (C:/Keil/ARM/STLink/) and the file that the debugger was looking for -  ST-LINKIII-KEIL.dll - wasn't there, but there was a file named - ST-LINKIII-KEIL_SWO.dll.  I renamed the second one to the one it was looking for to see if that would fix the problem, but now I am getting an error ''No ST-LINK detected.''  

Any idea on what I'm doing wrong, or a way to make this work?  Thanks for the help!
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on June 10, 2013 at 16:57

Which Discovery board? They make half a dozen different ones.

You might want to check the ST-Link utilities, and make sure you have the right firmware/drivers. You'll also want to confirm the ST-Link is present/found in Device Manager.

Some of the older boards need to use the Keil ''ST-Link (Deprecated Version)'' debugger rather than ''ST-Link Debugger''
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
mattfox
Associate II
Posted on June 10, 2013 at 17:23

I'm using the STM32F3 Discovery board.  I'm not sure if this is an older one, but thanks for the help!

Posted on June 10, 2013 at 18:42

I know the driver thing is a bit messy, I had my own battles with the VL and F4 Discovery boards not playing well together.

0690X00000605VDQAY.png

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
mattfox
Associate II
Posted on June 10, 2013 at 20:01

It looks I somehow had JTAG instead of SW selected, so now it works!  Thanks so much for the help.