cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32 adc multi channel

vaibhavsharma63
Associate II
Posted on June 08, 2013 at 12:15

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the attachment to read the original post.
22 REPLIES 22
Posted on June 08, 2013 at 12:35

Looks to be a tool problem with the code generation, suggest you take it to the CooCox forum or GNU/GCC devs.

You could try a different optimization level, ie not -O0
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
vaibhavsharma63
Associate II
Posted on June 10, 2013 at 06:49

right now i am using coocox software.but i did nt find solution .could you forward me some adc multichannel sample code .

Posted on June 10, 2013 at 19:26

You'll need to review the forum posts, and firmware examples. I don't distribute a package of examples.

I can't fix issues with your tools, you will need to find a different tool chain if the one you have doesn't compile/link code properly. Support for CooCox will need to be sought from them, perhaps via their forum, they do not participate here.

vaibhavsharma63
Associate II
Posted on June 11, 2013 at 11:55

hey ..i am facing a problem in this code .i attached two potentiometer  on pc0 and pc5.i am getting same value when i rotate one potentiometer and another is fixed.so plz guide me how could i get value of 2 potentiometer on different channel..here is my code

#include ''stm32f4xx_adc.h''

#include ''stm32f4xx_gpio.h''

#include ''stm32f4xx_rcc.h''

int ConvertedValue = 0;

int ConvertedValue1=0;

//Converted value readed from ADC

void adc_configure(){

ADC_InitTypeDef ADC_init_structure; //Structure for adc confguration

GPIO_InitTypeDef GPIO_initStructre; //Structure for analog input pin

//Clock configuration

RCC_APB2PeriphClockCmd(RCC_APB2Periph_ADC1,ENABLE);//The ADC1 is connected the APB2 peripheral bus thus we will use its clock source

RCC_AHB1PeriphClockCmd(RCC_AHB1ENR_GPIOCEN,ENABLE);//Clock for the ADC port!! Do not forget about this one 😉

//Analog pin configuration

GPIO_initStructre.GPIO_Pin = GPIO_Pin_0;//The channel 10 is connected to PC0

GPIO_initStructre.GPIO_Mode = GPIO_Mode_AN; //The PC0 pin is configured in analog mode

GPIO_initStructre.GPIO_PuPd = GPIO_PuPd_NOPULL; //We don't need any pull up or pull down

GPIO_Init(GPIOC,&GPIO_initStructre);//Affecting the port with the initialization structure configuration

//ADC structure configuration

GPIO_initStructre.GPIO_Pin = GPIO_Pin_5;//The channel 15 is connected to PC5

GPIO_initStructre.GPIO_Mode = GPIO_Mode_AN; //The PC0 pin is configured in analog mode

GPIO_initStructre.GPIO_PuPd = GPIO_PuPd_NOPULL; //We don't need any pull up or pull down

GPIO_Init(GPIOC,&GPIO_initStructre);//Affecting the port with the initialization structure configuration

//ADC structure configuration

ADC_DeInit();

ADC_init_structure.ADC_DataAlign = ADC_DataAlign_Right;//data converted will be shifted to right

ADC_init_structure.ADC_Resolution = ADC_Resolution_12b;//Input voltage is converted into a 12bit number giving a maximum value of 4096

ADC_init_structure.ADC_ContinuousConvMode = ENABLE; //the conversion is continuous, the input data is converted more than once

ADC_init_structure.ADC_ExternalTrigConv = ADC_ExternalTrigConv_T1_CC1;// conversion is synchronous with TIM1 and CC1 (actually I'm not sure about this one :/)

ADC_init_structure.ADC_ExternalTrigConvEdge = ADC_ExternalTrigConvEdge_None;//no trigger for conversion

ADC_init_structure.ADC_NbrOfConversion = 2;//I think this one is clear :p

ADC_init_structure.ADC_ScanConvMode = ENABLE;//The scan is configured in one channel

ADC_Init(ADC1,&ADC_init_structure);//Initialize ADC with the previous configuration

//Enable ADC conversion

ADC_Cmd(ADC1,ENABLE);

//Select the channel to be read from

ADC_RegularChannelConfig(ADC1,ADC_Channel_10,1,ADC_SampleTime_144Cycles);

ADC_RegularChannelConfig(ADC1,ADC_Channel_15,2,ADC_SampleTime_144Cycles);

}

int adc_convert(){

ADC_SoftwareStartConv(ADC1);//Start the conversion

while(!ADC_GetFlagStatus(ADC1, ADC_FLAG_EOC));//Processing the conversion

return ADC_GetConversionValue(ADC1); //Return the converted data

}

int adc_convert1(){

ADC_SoftwareStartConv(ADC1);//Start the conversion

while(!ADC_GetFlagStatus(ADC1, ADC_FLAG_EOC));//Processing the conversion

return ADC_GetConversionValue(ADC1); //Return the converted data

}

int main(void){

adc_configure();//Start configuration

while(1){//loop while the board is working

ConvertedValue = adc_convert();//Read the ADC converted value

ConvertedValue1 = adc_convert1();//Read the ADC converted value

}

}

Posted on June 11, 2013 at 14:14

You can't do it like that, you must use DMA for multiple channels on a single ADCx unit.

See example 4/5 down the page. [DEAD LINK /public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/cortex_mx_stm32/Flat.aspx?RootFolder=/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/cortex_mx_stm32/3%20channels%20on%20ADC1%20and%20DMA&FolderCTID=0x01200200770978C69A1141439FE559EB459D7580009C4E14902C3CDE46A77F0FFD06506F5B&currentviews=123]https://my.st.com/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/cortex_mx_stm32/Flat.aspx?RootFolder=%2Fpublic%2FSTe2ecommunities%2Fmcu%2FLists%2Fcortex_mx_stm32%2F3%20channels%20on%20ADC1%20and%20DMA&FolderCTID=0x01200200770978C69A1141439FE559EB459D7580009C4E14902C3CDE46A77F0FFD06506F5B¤tviews=123
frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on June 11, 2013 at 14:35

[cc] C:\Users\AKG\AppData\Local\Temp\cciWMwmp.s: Assembler messages:

[cc] C:\Users\AKG\AppData\Local\Temp\cciWMwmp.s:180: Error: offset out of range

[cc] C:\Users\AKG\AppData\Local\Temp\cciWMwmp.s:181: Error: offset out of range

[cc] c:/program files (x86)/gnu tools arm embedded/4.7 2013q1/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.7.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: lto-wrapper failed

[cc] lto-wrapper: C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU Tools ARM Embedded\4.7 2013q1\bin\arm-none-eabi-gcc returned 1 exit status

[cc] collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Your toolchain, i.e. the compiler in this case, might have been build without LTO support.

Try removing the ''-flto'' flag.

vaibhavsharma63
Associate II
Posted on June 11, 2013 at 18:32

which path should i follow to remove  ''-flto'' flag.?

vaibhavsharma63
Associate II
Posted on June 11, 2013 at 18:34

which tool chain should i use to assemble the programe ?

Posted on June 11, 2013 at 19:00

which tool chain should i use to assemble the programe ?

I'm using Keil, but have reasonably good experiences with Rowley, and IAR. If you're proficient with GNU/GCC something like Yagarto might be workable for you, I've built some flat projects with it.

In terms of supported tools, ST has provided a Template Project, you'd want to be comfortable manipulating that into a new project, and copying in the code I've supplied. The code is sufficiently complete to drop into an existing project, building a project from scratch requires some experience/familiarity with the chosen tools.