Did you mean: 

STM32F429I-Discovery interfacing External LCD

angeletti
Associate II
Posted on January 14, 2015 at 19:12

Hi guys,

I'm currently trying to interface

http://www.wvshare.com/product/4.3inch-480x272-Touch-LCD-B.htm

with the STM32F429I-Discovery board, but I don't know where to start. After lines connection (for the moment only lcd, not touchpanel) what should I do to make it work? I mean, how to configure the LTDC peripheral and after that the stemwin library? Anyone with a working source code is VERY appreciated.

Regards,

Fabio

#stm32 #stm32f429discovery
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on January 14, 2015 at 20:44

How similar is the panel to the one used with the STM324x9I-EVAL(2) boards? Check schematics/source for those.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
angeletti
Associate II
Posted on January 14, 2015 at 21:47

Thank you a lot! Should be the same display (or at least a compatible one). I retrieve the code from STM32CubeF4 package but it uses HAL structures. Do you know if exist an example source code base on standard peripheral driver instead, without the HAL support?

angeletti
Associate II
Posted on January 16, 2015 at 01:05

0690X00000603JFQAY.jpg

I've successfully attached the display, the only issue that for the moment I can't identify is shown in figure. It's some kind of image distortion, more present in the second half of the display. I've tried with lowering the pixel clock and changing porch but nothing happened, the problem is still here. Could it be dued by the cables (disordered) between the module and the board? Or could it be that another LCD (the one on the STM32F429Discovery board) is still attached on the same lines (despite this LCD is powered off)?