Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in connecting dfuse with STM32 board using USB

vijith
Associate II
Posted on June 11, 2013 at 12:05

Hi,

I have downloaded Dfuse and using the external Boot pins i jumped into the bootloader area(system memory), but dfuse is not detecting my device..when i connect the USB it shows as unknown device at the device manager but as mentioned in the dfuse document i installed the driver , now i can see the '' stm32 device in dfu mode '' at device manager with an error code10(cannot the start the device). my system is 64 bit operating system..  

1. pls suggest me any ideas of how to do it.?

2. Is there any other Application available to reprogram the device using boot loader ?

#dfu-dfuse-bootloader #usb #!sms
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on June 11, 2013 at 14:05

Make sure you installed the 64-bit version. I've been using Win 7 x64 and DFU successfully.

Is this Win 8 ?

The other programming route would be via the serial port (USART1 or USART3 on specific pins). Both the USB and Serial protocols are described in assorted manuals and app notes.

There are linux based tools for DFU/USB as I recall.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
vijith
Associate II
Posted on June 12, 2013 at 11:07

the re-flashing worked when i did a power on reset instead of a running reset. 

However, i am trying to get the re-flashing done without using the BOOT0 pin. This involves jumping into the boot loader from our code purely with software. 

i tried disabling all the interrupts and jumping to the bootloader vector address(0x1fff0004 - stm32f207) but its not jumping into the boot loader area, the execution waits for sometime and goes to the next line.. below is my code.

void (*boot_code)();

boot_code = (void(*)())0x1FFF0004; 

RCC->CIR = 0x00000000;// disabling all interrupts

SysTick->LOAD=0;

SysTick->VAL=0;

SysTick->CTRL=0;

__set_PRIMASK(1);

__set_MSP(0x20001000);   

(*boot_code)();     

pls give ur suggestions

Posted on June 12, 2013 at 13:54

pls give ur suggestions

Yikes, Please try to use English

I'm not sure your code sequence adequately emulates the reset conditions of the CPU and the clocks. I would approach it differently.

Does your board have an external crystal? What speed?

Does your code use the PLL, and what speed is that running at?

Have you stepped into the System Loader code to confirm it goes where you expect it too?
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Max Veen
Associate II
Posted on October 20, 2017 at 10:25

Hi all,

Does anyone of you know if there is a STM32 USB-DFU Bootloader driver available, or a workaround,

to install on Windows 10 OS? Because the STM USB bootloader driver we have only supports up to windows 7.#

Any help I will appreciate!

Best regards,

Max