cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STVD on Win8 crashes if file name too long

johnathan
Associate
Posted on September 02, 2013 at 12:58

Regretably I have to use win8 on my work machine, and have come across to two issues with STVD running on this OS.

1. Every time I open a project I get the following error:

Access to C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\st_toolset\stvd\default.web was denied

I just close this error and continue.

2. Then next error that 

pops up

after I close the above error message is as follows;

�Failed to load Project (file location).stp, File not found on disk.

Please remove from workspace.�

I click OK, then depending on the file name length STVD crashes or continues, if it crashes and I then have to kill the process so that I am able to open STVD again and I need to perform the workaround.

I have found a workaround for this error, but it involves me copying the entire project to a temp folder that has a shorter file name. We use SVN for project source control and there is a structure in the projects for the file names used. For example the root folders name get a bit long longer than 36 characters.  So every time I need to commit the project back to SVN I have to copy from the one folder to the next and this adds a risk of making a mistake especially for production firmware.

I have seen this error on all the machines that run win8 in my office, I have installed the latest STVD version.

Having to now do this every time is getting very annoying, this error does not happen on win7

Is there a proper solution to these two errors that does not involve switching back to win7?

Thank you in advance

#stvd #win8
2 REPLIES 2
mtong
Associate
Posted on August 08, 2014 at 19:17

Hi,

I have the same problem using Win8, the message ''..\stvd\default.web was denied'' pops up every time, but in my case, it does build my project OK.

I saw your thread from 2013, did you have solution for this issue, John?

mt-

daewon279
Associate
Posted on August 21, 2014 at 08:52

Hello

you are welcome to this forum site

Long Path Tool is the best solution for you problem. try it and solve you problem