Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using stvp_cmdline to program st7flites5

benedict
Associate II
Posted on November 03, 2014 at 03:35

Hi all,

I encountered few issues when using STVP to program a ST7Flites5.  Can anyone advice me on possible solutions?  Tks in advance.

1.    STVP does not provide a erase before programming option for ST7Flites5.  This particular programming job specify its option byte with a read protection on and after programming on STVP, I could not do any programming or verification again, cos it keep saying it is protected.  However, ST7_PGM is able to do that (it erase and program), just that it only accept hex data file but no srec.

2.    Though I could program and verify in STVP using its graphical interface, the STVP_cmdline could not connect to the ST7Flites5.  Please help!?

BTW, I am only doing programming on the ST7 and frankly, I know very little about the uC.  So your patience is needed here.  🙂

#st7-stvp-stvp_cmdline
2 REPLIES 2
LaurentL
ST Employee
Posted on November 03, 2014 at 14:31

Hello,

1) Simply remove the Protection by reprogramming option byte with Read-out protection OFF.

That will erase all the Program memory.

If you use STVP in Project mode, you can have an option to do that automatically:

''Unlock protection before a programming cycle''.

It will take default option byte value (with protection OFF) and program the device.

2) What is the error you get (error.log or result.log) ?

Maybe the arguments are wrong (syntax error?).

If you specify the same arguments as you did with STVP gui, it must work.

Example: STVP_CmdLine.exe -Port=USB -BoardName=RLINK -Device=ST7FLITES2/S5 -ProgMode=''ICP OPT Disable'' -FileProg=test_LiteS5.s19 -FileOption=OPTIONS_ROP_ON_LiteS5.s19

If the device is protected, you must use the GUI interface to save an option byte file with ''Read-out protection OFF'' and program the option first via STVP_CmdLine.

STVP_CmdLine.exe -Port=USB -BoardName=RLINK -Device=ST7FLITES2/S5 -ProgMode=''ICP OPT Disable'' -FileOption=OPTIONS_ROP_OFF_LiteS5.s19

Laurent

rulysumargo1
Associate
Posted on June 18, 2015 at 01:49