Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Generator Tool

mosine
Associate II
Posted on June 26, 2013 at 12:28

Hello,

It's my second week that I work with STM32 micro. I have a question. Does it exist a code generator tool? I know that CooCoox has this tool, but I'm working with uVision of Keil and I can't leave it.

THANKS!!!
5 REPLIES 5
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on June 26, 2013 at 12:48

A code generator for what exactly?

There the microXplorer tool that can help for GPIO configuration code generation available in

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF251717

There is also the clock configuration tool that you can choose depending on the product you are using.

Also the examples available within the standard peripheral library can be very helpful to start.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

mosine
Associate II
Posted on June 26, 2013 at 14:59

Thanks for reply. How can I create a configuration wizard? 

Posted on June 26, 2013 at 15:12

The tool pointed too needs you to punch in your pin/peripheral settings, and then can ''Generate Code'' for that.

Presumably the CooCox tool generates C code, I'd imagine a bunch of that is relatively portable.

I'm not sure a tool that just generates pin assignment code is that useful, or has that large a market, I usually expect the devs to be able to create their own.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
lauris
Associate II
Posted on June 26, 2013 at 15:40

By the way not to ask in different post, since here discussion is similar,

if using AF PIN configuration (TIM, USB, USART and etc.) does it makes any difference if output or input, pull_up/down or none mode is selected? If I'm not mistaking AIN is one which you can't use if using AF.

Posted on June 26, 2013 at 16:02

On the L1, F2 and F4 part the AF muxing includes control over direction. You get to decide which transistors drive the pin (open-drain, slew rate), and the pull up/down options.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..