cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32f417zgt6 uart problem

gnyturan
Associate II
Posted on June 21, 2013 at 16:38

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the attachment to read the original post.
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on June 21, 2013 at 17:47

I don't like the *s++ in the puts function (s++ would suffice), or the use of it under interrupt. Your failure to terminate the string will cause you grief.

Don't bother reading BSRR, you should be looking at ODR, ie what's physically output. Get a scope and make sure your pins are doing what you expect, that you can see signals on the USART output.

Are you programming the F4 on the LCD, or something else?

Cite a part numbers, or provide schematics
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
gnyturan
Associate II
Posted on June 25, 2013 at 11:14

Hi clive1, sorry for the late answer.

The LCD driver is the design of the company in which I am doing internship for now so I don't think I can share the schematic due to confidentiality. 

Thing is the driver has an STM32F4. It also equipped with uart transreceiver. PA9 and PA10 are the Rx and Tx pins, and PC2 and PC3 are the device enable pins. I checked the connections there is no mistake on the hardware. 

I did change the *s++ but it did not change anything. I also tried the send data directly with the following line:

USART_SendData(USART1, 'a');

but it did not help either :\

p.s I looked to the ODR register. It's OK, I can read the set bits from there. Thanks for the advice.