Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to find website and reference docs of stm32 and cmsis sources

sidney
Associate II
Posted on June 24, 2013 at 20:13

Dear all,

I am starting work on a pre-existing STM32 codebase. There are dependencies on what is called ''stm_lib'' in our source tree, which contains files such as:

misc.h

stm32f10x_dbgmcu.h

stm32f10x_exti.h

stm32f10x_gpio.h

stm32f10x_pwr.h

stm32f10x_rcc.h

stm32f10x_rtc.h

stm32f10x_spi.h

stm32f10x_tim.h

stm32f10x_usart.h

These seem to be basic definitions and APIs to access the low-level STM32 functionality. I have no clue, however, where these files come from. The copyright notice indicates that they are made by the ''MCD Application Team'' of ''ST Microelectronics'', but Googling for that and searching on the ST electronics website doesn't yield a definitive clue as to where these files originate from. I'd like to know, because I want to see if there are updates, bug fixes, and reference documentation.

There is also a dependency on ''cmsis'' and ''cmsis_boot'' -- the function of which aren't quite clear to me; it seems to be in use to provide basic facilities such as a valid interrupt table and the like(?)

For this ''CMSIS'' functionality, I'd like to know who made it, what it does, and where I can find the most recent version and documentation, if there is any.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on June 24, 2013 at 20:31

So Google STM32F103RB (for example)

http://www.st.com/web/catalog/mmc/FM141/SC1169/SS1031/LN1565/PF164487

Go to the Design Resources tab

scroll through the documentation down to the ''

STM32F10x standard peripheral library

''

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF257890

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
sidney
Associate II
Posted on June 24, 2013 at 22:08

Thanks, that's indeed what I am looking for.

The code itself is annotated with Doxygen-type comments. Do you happen to know if there is a recent, rendered version online somewhere?