cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring data from 2 FMC devices possible?

hmc
Associate III
Posted on December 27, 2015 at 04:52

Dear all, I have been going through U-Boot code by Emcraft on STM32F7.  They sell a board that connects a 32 MB SDRAM and a 16 MB NOR flash to STM32F746.  When interacting with the NOR flash, they put the SDRAM to FMC_SDCMR_MODE_AUTOREFRESH, citing ''STM32 flash bug workaround''.  I have a question to the Emcraft tech support, asking what this bug is.  Meanwhile, I skimmed through the PM and RM, and cannot find any mention on constraint of reading/writing 2 FMC devices ''at the same time'' (of course it should be inter-spliced).  Does anyone know of an application note on how one would interact with multiple FMC devices ''at the same time''?

Thanks for reading.

#fmc-cs
3 REPLIES 3
stm322399
Senior
Posted on December 27, 2015 at 10:24

This is a known errata found on a lot of F4 devices, a.k.a. ''FMC dynamic and static bank switching''. Check ST errata sheets.

I assume that no F7 suffers from that issue.

hmc
Associate III
Posted on December 28, 2015 at 02:40

You are right.  STM32F7 errata does not mention this problem.  I will try taking out the crippling workaround for my board.  Thank you for the quick and accurate answer!  Interestingly, even for F4, the problem is fixed for silicon rev 3...

Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on December 28, 2015 at 10:48

Hi choi.henry,

Referring to STM32F7 errata sheet, I confirm that there is no limitation for reading/writing 2 FMC devices at the same time.

For the Application note, unfortunately does not exist. I will raise your request internally.

-Syrine-