cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX generated custom HID project does not enumerate

hmc
Associate III
Posted on July 19, 2016 at 06:13

Started an example project generated by CubeMX and plugged the USB cable into the development PC.  Please observe the following error.  I think the report descriptor might be ill-formed: it's only 2 bytes, and ends with 0xC0 but does not begin with an 0xA101--begin application collection).  Did anyone have success connecting this FW example to a Windows PC?

0690X00000604v5QAA.png

#custom-hid
3 REPLIES 3
slimen
Senior
Posted on July 21, 2016 at 16:03

Hi, 

Which version of CubeMx are using ?

Are you working with Windows10?  In this case, try with compatibility mode settings for windows 7/8 .

Regards

slimen
Senior
Posted on July 22, 2016 at 13:49

Hi,

You can start with USB example within your firmware package (STM32CubeXX) to identify what is wrong and confirm if the problem here seems related to the hardware or software environment.

Look at this USB example, it may be helpful :

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.12.0\Projects\STM32469I-Discovery\Applications\USB_Device\HID_Standalone 

Regards

hmc
Associate III
Posted on July 23, 2016 at 03:02

Thanks for replying.  My laptop crashed a few days ago, so I lost the CubeMX installation along with it.  I believe I was working with the latest CubeMX version.

Unless the custom HID example's report descriptor was changed recently, I believe the problem I am noticing will appear on any version of OS (not just Windows)--just 2 bytes for the HID report descriptor just seems wrong.  I cannot find any example of ending a collection (0xC0) without having begun it.  The USB Complete, 4th Edition certainly does not do it that way, and I have not yet found any example on the web that suggests that the 2 byte HID report descriptor (0x00, 0xC0) will enumerate.  Please correct me if I am wrong.