cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOC support for F401 and F411 processors.

re.wolff9
Senior
Posted on December 20, 2015 at 11:09

Hi, 

Does the motor control software suite (STM32 PMSM FOC LIBv4.2) support STM32F401, '411 and '446 processors? When I tried it, it didn't allow another option for CPU clock than 168, and as far as I know the above processors support 84, 100 and 180MHz. 

(because of the ''advanced'' features that I want to use I seem to be pushed towards the higher end processors, the 4xx series. And a '405 seems overkill to me). 

3 REPLIES 3
Gigi
Senior
Posted on January 07, 2016 at 17:41

Ciao Roger

At the moment the F401 and F411 are not supported by the FOC library.

Ciao

Gigi

re.wolff9
Senior
Posted on January 10, 2016 at 17:06

As lots of documentation referred to ''this is available only with a STM32F4xx as processor'', I took that to mean that all or many of the 4xx family were supported. But indeed there is a ''supported processors'' in the release notes of the FOC SDK that mentions a few specific F4xx processors and nothing else. 

Is this an MC gui restriction or are there enough differences between F405 and say F411 that the core of the FOC library (no source) needs to be changed?

From the fact that it runs on F3xx, 72MHz is apparently enough. F411 can do better. Are there hardcoded interactions between the library and peripherals that need changing?

(I'm willing to attempt manually modifying the header files that MC gui produces, provided that you say that it has a reasonable chance of success....)

P.S.  The forum has a bug: it will not collapse the ''quoted messages'' after an edit of a post. 

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards