cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor voltage feedback.

re.wolff9
Senior
Posted on January 10, 2016 at 17:24

Now that I have FOC working on the STM board and the STM ''power stage'' the next step is to move all this over to my own power stage and logic board. The CPU part can wait, so now I'm working on getting the nucleo to control my own power-stage. 

I cannot simply use the binary that works with the powerstage in the IHM001: My power stage has different logic level combinations for ''don't drive'', ''drive high'', ''drive-low''. Currently I don't have any overcurrent protection. I'll do that ''manually'' for now. (i.e. a low currentlimit on the lab powersupply, and when everything works I'll move to a LIPO battery that limits the current to 2kA at most. :-).... I'll blow up the powerstage if things go wrong in that case. ) 

Anyway, while re-configuring in the MC suite GUI I could not find a place to specify where the voltage feedback signals go. The IHM001 power stage has the signals, but my current understanding is that those are only necessary for the six-step version of the control software. Correct?

1 REPLY 1
Gigi
Senior
Posted on April 01, 2016 at 16:06

Ciao Roger

Yes, you are right. The BEMF sensing signals are required only for the 6-Step. For the FOC, we didn't use the voltage feedbacks, only the currents.

Ciao

Gigi