cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STLINK for STM32F0 Discovery board stopped functioning

justin
Associate II
Posted on July 07, 2013 at 00:27

Have been playing around with ADC/DAC for my discovery board and the comunications to the debugger suddenly stopped functioning and i can nolonger flash the board or debug.

Strange as it just seemed to give up. I get the slow blinking pre-coms LED but every operation complain of communication errors( e.g. Error: Connect failed, check config and cable connection)

The last program i uploaded to the board still works so its not a general failure.

None of my projects work anymore. The debug setting are the same/have not changed. I feel like there is a corruption in the STLINK firmware on the board.

Questions:

Is there a way i can reset the board back to its manufacturer defaults?

Is there a way i can attempt to reflash the STLINK firmware?

Is there some other means of diagnosing issues with the debugger?

Any Ideas in general would be welcome.

#stlink-debugging-usb
6 REPLIES 6
Posted on July 07, 2013 at 00:49

Reset the board with BOOT(0) High (3V), this will bring it up with the System Loader instead of your broken code, erase the device and reprogram, either with ST-Link Utilities or your tool chain.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
justin
Associate II
Posted on July 07, 2013 at 01:49

Thanks for the speedy reply, can i just jump the +3V on the board to the BOOT0 when its plugged in to USB supply or do i need an external power supply?

Posted on July 07, 2013 at 04:25

VDD from the board should suffice. Use micro-grippers, or jumper to the rear of the board.

0690X00000605UpQAI.png
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
justin
Associate II
Posted on July 07, 2013 at 08:34

Thanks for your suggestions, i was really excited i had a solution but after several reboots of my PC i really think I have somehow damaged my board. It does not seem to respond anymore. I will try to reinstall the USB driver but im not optimistic that it will work. Any other suggestions welcome.

justin
Associate II
Posted on July 08, 2013 at 11:01

OK well it looks like this is going into the ''too hard'' basket. But before I throw my discovery board in the bin, here is one last post to state what i have learned about the state of my board.

I reinstalled the STLINK driver. (No effect)

I installed the STLINK/V2 Utility.

I flashed the STLINK firmware (No effect)

However if i change the settings connection mode to ''Connect Under Reset''

I can read/write/erase my board. (This gets me a bit further)

If i change the connection mode to Normal i get ''No target connected''

My IDE (Coocox1.7.3) cannot flash/erase/debug at all.

If this sounds familiar to anyone who has come across this before or has any usful suggestions to that helps solve this issue, I will buy them a beer ;). 

Otherwise i can only admit defeat and purchase a new board.

Cheers

sebastien2
Associate II
Posted on January 31, 2015 at 12:40

Hi everyone,

First sorry for my english, I will try to be clear in my explanations. I had the same problem, on my STM32F030 discovery board and my personnel application (stm32f030k6 on PCB). When using the STlinkV2 to program the two board with SWD port, impossible to detect the board and no programmation possible.

Finally I discover the ribbon cable (distribute with the stlinkV2) was apparently a problem. So I use directly female jumper wires from the STLinkV2 output pins (pin 1, 7, 9, 12) to my board (Vcc, SWIO, SWCLK, GND). And after that it works.

Maybe it can help?

Sébastien.