Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F107RCT6 USB DFU Bootloader not Working

s2
Associate
Posted on July 08, 2013 at 16:34

Hi,

we want to use the STM32F106RCT6 in our Future Products. So we Build an prototype an all works fine except the USB DFU Bootloader. We plugged the USB Cable in and the PC didnt recognize the Device.

The Markings on the Chip

STM32F107

RCT6

990RG    93

MYS  99  031

We wired the Vbus on PA9, an rest of USB also, BOOT0 = 1,BOOT1=0

After the Reset nothing :o

Whats wrong with these Chips? Have we forgot something?

Master of Engineering

Sebastian Mueller
5 REPLIES 5
Posted on July 08, 2013 at 17:08

Have we forgot something?

Probably, DFU works fine on a Z step STM32F107VCMIC Z 990WA 93 MYS 99 947

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/application_note/CD00167594.pdf

''The system clock is derived from the embedded internal high-speed RC for USARTx bootloader. This internal clock is used also for DFU and CAN bootloaders but only for the selection phase. An external clock (8 MHz, 14.7456 MHz or 25 MHz.) is required for DFU and CAN bootloader execution after the selection phase''

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
s2
Associate
Posted on July 09, 2013 at 09:40

We using an external 25Mhz Crystal and i have read the AN2602, but we cant get this to Work...

The Revision Z, i thought we got one , there an small ''Z'' next to the ARM Symbol

Master of Engineering

Sebastian Müller
Posted on July 09, 2013 at 13:30

Consider this a working, reference design.

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/user_manual/CD00246066.pdf

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Fleck
Associate II
Posted on July 09, 2013 at 17:51

Did you connect PA9 directly to VBus or via a resistor? There is a problem in some revisions of the chip where pin PA9 is configured as ''output'' by the bootloader and thus will not recognize VBus unless you have a quite potent supply (about 50mA I think, definitely more than the absolute maximum ratings in the datasheet).

I think it has been discussed in a forum thread here, and possibly also in the Errata document.

HTH

jens