Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Cubemx 4.4.0 generation bug

totti001
Associate II
Posted on October 22, 2014 at 18:29

Hello everybody!

Where can I download a previous version of the stm32cubemx? A newest version has generation bug, the generated c files not working. The initalization paramater sets in the structures but the init function does not called.
9 REPLIES 9
fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee
Posted on October 23, 2014 at 17:57

Can you post the ioc of your failing project and where exactly the problem is in the generated files.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Daniel

totti001
Associate II
Posted on October 23, 2014 at 20:15

Here is the project

http://totti.uw.hu/test.zip

The problem is in the i2.c rtc.c sdio.c crc.c files. If you see this fájl in the init funcitons there is no stm32hal function init call.

ricardodm
Associate II
Posted on October 23, 2014 at 21:28

I noticed the following problem in this new version:

15:37:20 **** Rebuild of configuration Debug for project board 168MHz Configuration ****
Info: Internal Builder is used for build
arm-atollic-eabi-gcc -c -mthumb -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -std=gnu90 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32F429xx -I..\..\..\..\Inc -I..\..\..\..\Drivers\STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver\Inc -I..\..\..\..\Drivers\CMSIS\Include -I..\..\..\..\Drivers\CMSIS\Device\ST\STM32F4xx\Include -Os -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -g -Wall -o Drivers\STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver\stm32f4xx_hal_pwr.o ..\..\..\..\Drivers\STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver\Src\stm32f4xx_hal_pwr.c 
C:\Users\monteiro\AppData\Local\Temp\ccrUEmDc.s: Assembler messages:
C:\Users\monteiro\AppData\Local\Temp\ccrUEmDc.s:315: Error: selected processor does not support Thumb mode `wfi'
C:\Users\monteiro\AppData\Local\Temp\ccrUEmDc.s:326: Error: selected processor does not support Thumb mode `sev'
C:\Users\monteiro\AppData\Local\Temp\ccrUEmDc.s:335: Error: selected processor does not support Thumb mode `wfe'
C:\Users\monteiro\AppData\Local\Temp\ccrUEmDc.s:343: Error: selected processor does not support Thumb mode `wfe'
C:\Users\monteiro\AppData\Local\Temp\ccrUEmDc.s:401: Error: selected processor does not support Thumb mode `wfi'
C:\Users\monteiro\AppData\Local\Temp\ccrUEmDc.s:412: Error: selected processor does not support Thumb mode `wfe'
C:\Users\monteiro\AppData\Local\Temp\ccrUEmDc.s:461: Error: selected processor does not support Thumb mode `wfi'
15:37:21 Build Finished (took 617ms)

I created this project, only informing that the kit used.

The kit is STM32F429I-DISCOVERY

I configured the application to generate one code for this kit.

The program STM32CubeMX generated all the code and I did not modified anything!

Im using the TrueSTUDIO Free to compile the project.

Im attached one picture from TrueSTUDIO/Tools Settings

and some configs:

ASSEMBLER:

COMMAND: arm-atollic-eabi-gcc -c

All options: -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -g -I..\..\..\..\Inc -Wa,--no-warn -x assembler-with-cpp

C COMPILER:

COMMAND: arm-atollic-eabi-gcc -c

All options: -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -std=gnu90 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32F429xx -I..\..\..\..\Inc -I..\..\..\..\Drivers\STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver\Inc -I..\..\..\..\Drivers\CMSIS\Include -I..\..\..\..\Drivers\CMSIS\Device\ST\STM32F4xx\Include -Os -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -g -Wall

C LINKER:

COMMAND: arm-atollic-eabi-gcc

All options: -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -T''..\STM32F429ZI_FLASH.ld'' -Wl,--start-group -lc -lm -Wl,--end-group -static -Wl,-cref,-u,Reset_Handler ''-Wl,-Map=${BuildArtifactFileBaseName}.map'' -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--defsym=malloc_getpagesize_P=0x1000

Attachments :

TrueSTUDIO_free_01.png : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HzRS&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bLz%2FeQhgSmWHS2hZxzuM7qodGRtI8DaH.qHAOz57AxS5W_A&asPdf=false
totti001
Associate II
Posted on October 28, 2014 at 19:51

Have you tested it?

FCR
Associate III
Posted on October 30, 2014 at 11:39

Hi,

After checking with your project, it looks like a regression since 4.4 (seems to work with 4.3).

To be rapidly confirmed by a deeper analysis, but as far as we can see, it is a bug.

Instead of:

arm-atollic-eabi-gcc -c -mthumb

-mcpu=cortex-m4

-mfloat-abi=softfp

-mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -std=gnu90

-D__weak=__attribute__((weak)) -D__packed=__attribute__((__packed__))

we have now:

arm-atollic-eabi-gcc -c -mthumb -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -std=gnu90 …

One colleague gave me a ''workaround'', acting on project settings in atollic: things to be changed in ‘Project … Build Setting’ (TargetSetting & ToolSetting), as shown on the attached screenshots.

I'm gonna forward the message about the issue so that it can be fixed and integrated in a future release.

Regards,

Fred

Attachments :

atollic.zip : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HzRN&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bLx%2Fx4Loz48pSd54C.ESojxmB6rodjo0_eNxJDTA7fHYxMY&asPdf=false
totti001
Associate II
Posted on October 30, 2014 at 16:07

Thanks for the that. The problem is that I havent got 4.3 stm32cubemx installer and I havent found this. Can you send me a link with this?

stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on November 05, 2014 at 09:08

Hello,

Please use the following workaround: in TrueStudio, open the ''Properties'' interface and verify the compilation settings, then press ''Apply''.

Best Regards.

totti001
Associate II
Posted on November 05, 2014 at 09:23

Hello,

Can you help me about the generation bug?

David1
Associate II
Posted on November 06, 2014 at 04:59

I am also having similar issues with Atollic True Studio Pro Eval. Auto-generated projects will not build.  Mine also show up various processor does not support Thumb mode complaints.

I have tried the ST workaround without success. It still will not build. Can you give more information on your workaround please? I am brand new to ARM development though so perhaps I am doing something wrong.

I also would appreciate a 4.3.x stable download link as I am trying to evaluate your tools and am unable to do so.

Thanks