cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger/ST-Link Utility can not connect to target...

magnetron
Associate II
Posted on February 24, 2014 at 15:24

Hi ALL.

Today I suddenly received a message from the J-Link debugger and from the STLink Utility that I can not connect to target (STM3240G-EVAL board).

Any idea what happened? Can I reset the board to its factory programmed configuration?

#debug-stm32-using-st-link/v2 #stm3240g-eval
5 REPLIES 5
Posted on February 24, 2014 at 15:29

No you can't reset back to original settings. What you can do is set BOOT0 High, and get the device to boot into System Loader mode, and erase it there.

Why? Probably because your code breaks the debug interface, perhaps reprogramming the pins, or placing the device in a low power mode.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
magnetron
Associate II
Posted on February 24, 2014 at 15:36

Thank you.

Malek T
Associate
Posted on June 26, 2018 at 18:00

Hello,

There are different ways to solve target connexion problem. First of all, you have to update the firmware by clicking in st-link utility on 'st-link' in the menu bar  then click  'update firmware', after that, reconnect your board.

However, there are other issues that can cause the target connection problem.

In my case, i was enable to connect the board under the normal connexion mode and therefore i cannot reprogram my cpu.

Here is what I've done to solve that problem:

I used ST-Link v2 and ST-Link Utility.

In st-link utility : i set 'connect under reset' mode using SWD port. (in my case, the board connexion was established under this mode). (to configure those options you go to target then settings).

Then, to reprogram the cpu, i erased the chip:  I pressed the reset button on my board and clicked (Target>>Erase chip) and just after clicking I released the button.

i hope my answer would help you.

Posted on June 26, 2018 at 19:03

>>i hope my answer would help you.

The question was from over 4 years ago

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on June 27, 2018 at 10:40

Indeed !

I hope that would help all community visitors having that problem.