Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429I-DISCO LCD and DCMI

jeno
Associate II
Posted on December 01, 2013 at 11:20

Hi All!

I just bought an STM32F429I-DISCO eval board because of the LCD screen, and wanted to use it with a Camera on the DCMI interface. I found out that there is conflict in the pin-out, e.g. LCD_VSYNC and DCMI_HSYNC. I hope there is a way to use them sequentially, like read data from DCMI and after that put the image on the LCD. I'm looking for advice or a possibility to use them.

Thank you for your answer!

#stm32f429 #lcd #discovery #dcmi
6 REPLIES 6
Posted on December 01, 2013 at 17:54

Hard to say, there are several aspects of the 429I and specifically the STM32F429I-DISCO where the pin selection is less than desirable. I am some what confused about the pin escape choices that where made in the design, and would certainly like to hear what drove ST's decisions here, and if they can be revisited in subsequent designs. For example there is little control of SDIO pin escape and LCD_R2 is parked smack in the middle, and as you have observed a mess of DCMI ones.

The pin muxing would certainly allow for pin usage to be switched back and forth, if external connectivity and conflicts would preclude such action is another matter.

The pool of respondents is likely pretty shallow, I would suggest you try experimenting yourself. The code examples (DCMI) and schematics for the STM324x9I-EVAL might provide a starting point for such experiments.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on March 03, 2014 at 16:41

Other than confirming I've previously seen the question, I don't have any specific thoughts/knowledge about the issue you're having, and hence haven't responded.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
H UQ
Associate II
Posted on March 04, 2014 at 08:10

I have found a solution. I have updated my SR accordingly.

Popcorn
Associate II
Posted on June 12, 2014 at 21:57

Care to share the solution qasim.hafiz?

Posted on June 12, 2014 at 22:32

Care to share the solution qasim.hafiz?

Try his other off-topic thread, it doesn't relate to this one about LCD/DCMI