Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX V4.3 & Keil MDK 4.7 linking problem

Osto
Senior
Posted on July 20, 2014 at 15:56

Hi,

When I make Project, generate code, open Project in MDK, Close NKD, Change Project, generate again, open MDK,....... several times then following happens:

1.) every 2,3,4th times, when I build all of MDK Project, I get following message:

ControllerV2 Configuration\ControllerV2 Configuration.sct(7): error: L6236E: No section matches selector - no section to be FIRST/LAST.

Keil says that this means that there is no main function available. How ca this happen?

2.) Every time I generate the Project in CubeMX then 3 new lines added to my include path in C/C++ configuration. So after 5 time generate, I have ~20 entries in C/C++ include path in the Project configuration. How can I fix that without every time to delete all addede entries.

3.) After every generate,  a lot of entries in my MDK Project configuration are changed. For example my Quarz freqencies, type of Emulator, type of Debug,.... How can I hint the CubeMX from changing These values?

I Need o say that this tool is the best tool I had in the last 5 years. It helps me to save huge amount of time to configure the contoller for the required Outputs.

Thanks a lot

#keil
4 REPLIES 4
stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on July 21, 2014 at 16:06

Hello,

We can not reproduce your issue.

Can you please provide your MX .ioc file. Can you also provide a snapshot of your C/C++ options.

Please indicate which operating system you are using as well.

Note: you don't need to close MDK each time you re-generate the project from MX side. MDK detects the files updates and proposes a refresh.

Thank you

Osto
Senior
Posted on July 31, 2014 at 21:14

Hi,

See attached the sample project.

When you look at the compiling options in C/C++ section/Include path, you see a lot of similar include paths. If you generate 100 times the files, this will get huge size.

Attachments :

Test1.rar : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HzQF&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bLi%2F5d7DtAPwTJp8RpVsJQJkFvxY_hvPKgS45XXk7cRlOfk&asPdf=false
isaquesuzuki
Associate II
Posted on August 14, 2014 at 20:51

Maybe this asm file is missing: startup_stm32fxxxxx.s

It's located at ..\Drivers\CMSIS\Device\ST\STM32F2xx\Source\Templates\arm

it's inside your project folder created by STM32CubeMX.

Isaque

Osto
Senior
Posted on August 14, 2014 at 23:02

Hi,

The problem is that every second generate this will happen. I have absolutley no idea why.

Thanks.