Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32l-discovery weird blinking on LD1

vicki19880929
Associate III
Posted on March 12, 2014 at 02:49

Hi all,

Does anyone know what COM (LD1) LED on top of the STM32L-discovery board indicate??? I know that when we upload the code, it will blink in red and green very fast, and when it's powered on and work normally it will be red (no blink).  

However, what does the blinking red light indicate?  With the same code, I saw this situation sometimes, but sometimes it just works fine.  I always need to plug and unplug my USB cable until it functions normally......  Does anyone have any idea about the COM LED (LD1)?

Could it be caused by the insufficient current of my USB hub? Otherwise I couldn't think of a reasonable answer.

Thanks,

Shan

#stm32l #discovery #led #eval
3 REPLIES 3
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on March 12, 2014 at 11:22

Hi Shan,

This is the answer from

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/user_manual/DM00027954.pdf

:

LD1 COM: LD1 default status is red. LD1 turns to green to indicate that communications are in progress between the PC and the ST-LINK/V2.

-Mayla-

One note: It should be better to submit hardware-related questions/topics in the forum [DEAD LINK /public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32Discovery/AllItems.aspx]STM32 Evaluation Tools, for coming discussions 🙂

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

vicki19880929
Associate III
Posted on March 12, 2014 at 23:42

Thanks Mayla, I will do that.

Posted on March 13, 2014 at 02:22

[DEAD LINK /public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32Discovery/Flat.aspx?RootFolder=/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32Discovery/stm32l-discovery%20weird%20blinking%20on%20LD1&currentviews=4]Thread restarted here

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..