Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty with STM32L Discovery

vanush
Associate
Posted on July 23, 2013 at 12:36

Hello,

I have purchased STM32L discovery and installed the Atollic TrueStudio development environment on Windows XP.

I successfully loaded the sample application such that the green LED light flashes and the blue LED is constant. Upon pressing the USER button, the situation is reversed.

After I loaded the example firmware, I have been unable to use ST-Link; the COM LED continually flashes RED and Windows does not recognize the device; it says ''Unknown device''. The standalone STLink application says ''No STLink detected''.

Is there a way to get this working again?!

Note: Before I was allowed to flash the device, ST-Link required me to upgrade the (debugger's) firmware.

#discovery #stm32l
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on July 23, 2013 at 13:37

Can you see/access the device with the ST-Link utilities?

No experience with Atollic, but in Keil there are two ST-Link debugger choices depending on the firmware. Make sure you have the SWD protocol selected, not JTAG. Make sure you have the most recent drivers and DLLs installed. Try also your Atollic support contact.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
vanush
Associate
Posted on July 23, 2013 at 14:42

Device seems completely inaccessible.

Hoping there is a way to reset everything.

Posted on July 23, 2013 at 14:50

If it is a matter of user code blocking the connectivity then you can start the board with BOOT0 strapped high so it boots with the system loader instead of the user code.

If the problem is with the ST-LINK firmware, I'm not sure of an easy way of fixing that.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..