Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to run USB firmware examples on stm32f3 discovery using Keil

sen
Associate II
Posted on August 28, 2013 at 10:51

Dear Sir,

I've just started using stmf3 discovery board. I'll be doing usb programming. Kindly tell me how can I run usb firmware examples on this board using Keil.Any help will be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on August 28, 2013 at 14:04

You'll probably have to port them by removing the features/code of the EVAL series boards so they will work on the DISCOVERY series. Change pin assignments, etc.

Load the project examples into Keil, review your target options.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
sen
Associate II
Posted on August 29, 2013 at 17:14

Thanks for your reply.

But such modification itself is a huge task to start with USB programming. Isn't there any available set of usb examples for the discovery board.I need to start with virtual com port and HID. It would be very helpful if you can give any such link.

Posted on August 29, 2013 at 17:37

It's a straight forward porting task, if it's too complicated buy one of the EVAL series boards, or bid it out.

http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/FM116/SC959/SS1532/PF252996

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF252995

STM32F3-Discovery_FW_V1.1.0\Project\Peripheral_Examples\USB_Example

''This example provides a description of how to use the USB-FS-Device on the STM32F30x devices.

The STM32F30x device is enumerated as an USB-FS-Device Mouse, that uses the native PC Host USB-FS-Device HID driver.

This example shows how the board is recognized as standard mouse and its motion will also control the PC cursor.

The LSM303DLHC MEMS accelerometer device mounted on the STM32F3-Discovery board is used to emulate the Mouse directions.''

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
sen
Associate II
Posted on August 31, 2013 at 22:17

I've made certain modifications in the custom-hid program. I've also installed the usb hid demonstrator. But it doesn't recognise any 'USB HID target' when I run the program. How can I make the above client talk to my board? Will it happen automatically if the program is fine when I run it or should I have to make some change in Windows XP settings?