Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flash timeout reset the target and try it again - error

okerol
Associate
Posted on July 25, 2013 at 14:52

Hi All,

I'm working on a STM32F0-Discovery kit.

Until now, I could debug original code. I have succeed in loading the code which blinks an LED. I have even seen some minor modification's effect. I could have downloaded original code back.

But as of today, I have formed a new directory and copied all the files in the SDK. I have modified the original program so that the LED mirror the user button. Compilation OK. However this time I start receiving ''flash timeout reset the target and try it again'' error message. When I decided to download the original program, I receive the same error message.

My settings remain unchanged. Yesterday it was working now it doesn't.

What can be possible cause and more importantly how I can overcome this bug?

Thank you at advance for your co-operation. Best regards.

#stm32f0discovery
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on July 25, 2013 at 16:27

If you have jammed up the device with user code, then you can restart the board with BOOT0 strapped HIGH/VDD and it will start the System Loader instead of your code. Erase the code, and start over.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
axelthoma
Associate
Posted on October 01, 2014 at 16:30

Try to check your Flash Load Algorithm.

chen
Associate II
Posted on October 01, 2014 at 18:03

Hi

''But as of today, I have formed a new directory and copied all the files in the SDK. I have modified the original program so that the LED mirror the user button. Compilation OK. However this time I start receiving ''flash timeout reset the target and try it again'' error message. When I decided to download the original program, I receive the same error message.''

You have not said which Integrated Development Environment (IDE) you are using.

With these modern 'visual' IDEs you have to be careful. Many of the settings are hidden in configuration files. They must be set by using the drop down menus of the tool itself.

Simply copying the original files into a new directory does NOT change the paths for your new project. Your new project will probably still be referring to the files in the original project.

With these modern IDEs, they have the concept of a 'project' and each project have paths (directory paths) which need to be set correctly.

Some will have paths to script for programming, it sounds like the path for the programming script is broken.