Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F405OE : Cannot connect with ST-Link

dirkvermaak
Associate II
Posted on April 25, 2016 at 17:25

Hi,

We are experienced STM32 developers but we are having a real problem connecting to a new card, containing an STM32F405OE device. (the WLCSP 90 pin package).

No matter what we have tried, the ST-LINK utility (v3.8.0) will not compete it;s connection to the device (using the SW interface). Looking at the debug trace (attached) we see that it appears to succeed in communicating with the chip, but then reaches the reset stage and fails.

We have scoped the VCAP pins and they are at 1.2V. The NRST pin rises very nicely to 3.3V and we can see SWCLK and SWIO switching using a scope.

Has anyone seen a similar issue or can anyone advise as to what the trace means.

Thanks

#stm32f405oe-debug-serial-wire
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on April 25, 2016 at 18:31

Has anyone seen a similar issue or can anyone advise as to what the trace means.

We seem to get people here, at least briefly, that suffer from all sorts of problems. I know I've gone over it dozen and dozen of times over the years.

The attachment doesn't seem to be working right now, the site is in transition. Try using pastebin.

Have you done any other basic signs of life tests, like use the ROM by pulling BOOT0 High and seeing if you can talk to the loader via USART1 or USART3, or connecting the USB-FS in DFU mode?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TarekB-ST
Associate III
Posted on April 25, 2016 at 18:33

Could you please resend the attachment (the debug trace).

Best Regards,

Tarek

dirkvermaak
Associate II
Posted on April 26, 2016 at 09:56

Have reposted the trace via pastebin

it can be found

http://pastebin.com/yfHFdk7f

Thanks
dirkvermaak
Associate II
Posted on April 26, 2016 at 10:35