cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAND FLASH + STM32F4 DISCOVERY + USB MASS STORAGE

Associate II
Posted on July 29, 2013 at 10:41

Hi,

I want to make project NAND FLASH + STM32F4 DISCOVERY + USB MASS STORAGE, but isnt't easy ))

I have any examples (Discovery\Open407V-D\USB HS Examples\Project\USB_Device_Examples\MSC) with MSC, but it works with SD card. Can anybody help me with port this example to NAND FLASH ??? 

#nand-flash-msc #help-!=-do-it-for
19 REPLIES 19
Posted on July 29, 2013 at 17:05

Focus on the abstraction layer, and how it hands off READ/WRITE/CAPACITY functions. I think the STM322xG_EVAL has some NAND example code.

ST maintains a

http://www.st.com/web/en/support/mcu_design_consultants.html

to assist with code development.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Associate II
Posted on July 30, 2013 at 08:26

I thought so too, but they are different in the structure.

maybe somebody did this? really need to read the information from the nand flash memory via usb

Posted on July 30, 2013 at 17:29

May be, but the STM32F4-Discovery doesn't normally have NAND connected to it, I guess you'll need to fish the code for boards like the RedDragon407 or EVAL series that do. Though I suspect you'll still need to do some porting as they have higher pin count devices.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
hfs99
Associate II
Posted on August 01, 2013 at 18:35

Dmitri did you look at the examples (if any) for the Nand-Flash (A) board that waveshare claims is compatible with the Open407V-D?

I actually have one of these that arrived just a few days ago (along with the Open407V-D) but I have not had time to even connect it yet.

-Hugh

Associate II
Posted on August 05, 2013 at 10:35

Yes, I did, but there's no particular order that I should, so I asked for help because the I do not have experience and  time

Associate II
Posted on August 08, 2013 at 12:14

I can not believe that nobody here on the forum can not help me ((((((((

crt2
Associate II
Posted on August 08, 2013 at 13:13

I'd say replies were more than helpful as they pointed in solution direction. What more do you want from us?

Associate II
Posted on August 08, 2013 at 13:18

examples, the direction I know 

crt2
Associate II
Posted on August 08, 2013 at 13:27

You have examples, now you just need to ''translate'' them to your specific board. If this is too hard to do, then you bit more than you can chew and I suggest finding a simple example. If you have some specific problems with port then write under this topic and I'm sure we'll be able to figure the solution/problem out, but if you expect that we will write you a working code that you will just paste into your code then you need to think again. We are here in our free time and time is not something we can make up - every minute lost, is lost forever.