cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with debugging

zeros_and_ones1991
Associate III
Posted on February 13, 2014 at 22:30

Hullo , ...... Im working on Waveshare board (PORT207Z) , it has the STM32F207ZG chip , I can use the simulator debugger properly , but when I use my J-Link debugger , debugging does not work properly , it says (J-Link error , Can not read registers while CPU is running) I believe the problem is about watchdog or sth like that ........ any help ?

Thx in advance.

#telegram-style #!telegraphing
5 REPLIES 5
Posted on February 13, 2014 at 22:41

And what IDE are you using?

Have you made sure you've enabled all the check-boxes to download the firmware before debugging?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
zeros_and_ones1991
Associate III
Posted on February 13, 2014 at 23:22

Thx for ur reply Clive ...... I 'm using Micro-Vision 4.73 IDE , and yes it download firmware before debug session starts ....... im sure the thing is WDG , because i can do the first breakpoint , n then it stops ..... and if i wait for a while before moving to the first breakpoint , it stops too

zeros_and_ones1991
Associate III
Posted on February 14, 2014 at 00:24

Now i doubt that it's not the WDG ..... i made sure that IWDG and WWDG are set in the DBGMCU_APB1_FZ register , so its not WDT problem , and one thing ...... i can always execute only the first breakpoint that is closeset to the main ......... but when i move down there , it stops. ........... really frustrating.

Posted on February 14, 2014 at 00:44

If you're not using watchdogs then they shouldn't interfere, plus you could just not initialize them.

Consider connectivity issues related to NRST, and GPIO reconfiguration on your part breaking JTAG/SWD.

Look over your code, I can't, and start doing simple things first.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
zeros_and_ones1991
Associate III
Posted on February 14, 2014 at 01:00

FOUND IT Clive ............ I viewed the schematic of the Board n i saw that the JTAG is multiplexed with pins from GPIOA and GPIOB  ....... so i must not modify any of these pins , but i can use the others .... thx a lot for ur help though .