Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

osxAcousticBF Software Library example no output sound

Evg Cha
Associate II
Posted on November 15, 2016 at 14:18

Hi. I was setup osxAcousticBF Software Library, import example to SW4STM32,

But can not listen any output sound.

Ac_SL is operate here OK. I can listen sound via USB and receive source azimuths.

#open.audio-software #''getting-started''-osx #stm32f401-nucleo #osxacousticbf
6 REPLIES 6
jenish
Associate
Posted on December 01, 2016 at 02:19

Hey there, did you figure out why? I am having a similar issue with it. I setup the BF example code for STM32F401 Nucleo in Crossworks. The application does not move past osx_AcousticBF_Init(&libBeamforming_Handler_Instance) in the Audio_Libraries_Init(void) function in debug mode. USB enumeration is successful. Upon inspecting the disassembly, a call to section <drfti1.constprop.14> from <libBeamforming_Init> is where the issue seems to be. It gets stuck in a loop. When commenting the Audio_Libraries_Init() call in main, the audio outputs over the USB fine. Can Mayla or ST-One or someone please address this issue I am having? 

Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on December 06, 2016 at 13:32

Dear Users,

After checking the firmware package, we aren't able to reproduce this issue.

Dear 

: maybe you changed the hardware setup of the X-NUCLEO-CCA02M1 and you got a solder bridges/jumpers (J1 and J2) configuration that may be not the right one for beamforming. So, we advice you to verify the board and restore it to the initial state. If it still doesn’t work, you would do the same with the firmware example: download a fresh copy of the example and try from scratch.

Dear 

: Crossworks toolchain is not officially supported, so we recommend you to check it with the current builds of the library (IAR, Keil and GCC). Moreover a series of issues may arise, related for example to code optimization and memory allocation, that may require specific configuration to each toolchain.

Best Regards

-Imen-

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on December 07, 2016 at 00:19

Thanks for the reply

DAHMEN.IMEN

‌ . I have verified that all the solder bridges and jumpers are configured correctly. What are the crucial configurations for IAR? I am having the same issue when running the IAR example project.

Best,

Jenish Kastee

Posted on February 09, 2017 at 09:17

Hi, I fix the problem.

Unfortunately my PC and most in my lab not play USB audio in case ST sends 2 channel.

I see that in SL project it can play, so i was change number of channels in USB send parts and can listen it on my PC.

In addition then it start - the sound on PC start not immediately, and some time I can listen previouce sound data for 1-5 sec, possible any USB audio flush/reset channel missing on start program. 

vinod Jaiswal
Associate II
Posted on February 14, 2017 at 07:02

Hi ,

i am very new for embedded system and right now i have work with stm32f401re OSxAcosticBF Application .

which is-(osxAcousticBF software provides an implementation for a real-time adaptive beamforming algorithm: using the PDM or PCM signals acquired from two digital MEMS microphones, it creates a virtual directional microphone pointing to a fixed direction in space.)

i need some guidance for implementing Beamforming Application .

for that my question is-

what is the steps for implementing delay and sum  beamforming?

Posted on May 23, 2017 at 09:59

Hi, Please more detales about your project. What do you mean by 

delay and sum?