cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File System

srinivas
Associate
Posted on August 24, 2013 at 13:10

I am implementing file system for stm32f407vg controller. I am getting problem in implementing directory next function. can any one help me ?

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on August 24, 2013 at 16:31

What are you offering?

There are usually two ways to handle directory trees, recursive descent or building a list of unvisited nodes.

Most file systems provide a method to enumerate files/directories in the current directory, higher level code is expected to perform any traversal. You'd want the file system to maintain context in such a way that multiple searches can be open at once.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
srinivas
Associate
Posted on August 29, 2013 at 14:48

yes. My requirement is not to compromise at path length. I need to provide directory path till user wants. How can i implement this?

please help me..

Posted on August 29, 2013 at 15:44

Ok, so how are you traversing the directories now. Can't you just build a path as you descend? What limits you there? Need a deeper path keep allocating memory to accommodate it. What user interaction? What kind of file system, and on what media/hardware?

Help is not the same thing as doing it for you, if you want someone to write code you need a contractor/consultant.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..