Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tech problem with L6470H disc board

jimmjimmshen
Associate III
Posted on July 23, 2015 at 09:59

Hi, i get start to test a L6470H discovery board and got some problems:

1.i try to connect board and pc with usb cable but it shows unknow device in windows device manager in win7-64bit but works fine in win xp 32bit.(i tried install DFU driver in DFUse software and SPINFamily Evaluation Tool software but still not work)

2.i start board firmware (place boot jumper) but the ready and led error light the motor not work, i used ulink to upload firmware hex file which provide on st website and get same result.

3.i try to upload source code from dSPIN Discovery Kit the LED works fine but the motor still not work. i checked power supply, source code work route and button response,everything but motor is ok.(sometimes the software will struck at line 335 at main.c which for checkflag signal)
2 REPLIES 2
jimmjimmshen
Associate III
Posted on July 24, 2015 at 11:49

I found a problem that all SPI reading is 0xFF whenever i try to get status or some info everything get 0xFF, so i cant sure SPI write function works fine, how its happen? its example from ST without any change, and the hardware is brand new

Gigi
Senior
Posted on September 07, 2015 at 14:59

Ciao

I suggest to use the following forum for question related to stepper or monolitic drives

https://my.st.com/public/STe2ecommunities/motordriver_ics/Lists/Motor%20Driver%20ICs%20and%20Boards

Ciao

Gigi