Associate II
Posted on September 10, 2009 at 09:11

Unable to halt arm core

5 REPLIES 5
mallard
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 09:58

Hi!

Does anybody have some documentation of the possible cause of a ''Unable to halt arm core''. I've got this message with my j-link, but I got no clue of the source of my problem. I searched over the web for Unable to halt arm core with a STR9, but nothing.

If you have some suggestions for debugging strategy, it would be much appreciated. Anything could help! I'll give more info to help you to help me if necessary!

Thanks in advance!

mallard
Associate II

Ok, I will try the erase all with the J-Link STR9 Commander.

I'm still searching for this mysterious bugs, very hard to find!!

If I find someting, I will post my result here, for sure, I am not the only one who have this problem...

mark9
Associate II

Chances are, you have a bug in your code that puts the processor in a corrupted state and the JTAG flash bootloader won't work anymore.

You need to do a full chip erase.

Download the free JFLASH tools from segger.com, run the ''J-Link STR9 Commander'' special tool, and run ''erase all''. Then try again.

chandrakant
Associate II

Hi,

I'm also facing the same problem. I tried ''J-Link STR9 Commander'' but it also gives same error. does anybody has solution for this.

Thanks in advance.

Chandrakant.

chandrakant
Associate II

Hi all,

I have solved this problem by changing in Project options->Jlink/JTrace->setup->Reset to hardware.

Chandrakant.