Posted on October 02, 2008 at 01:58

RLINK and ST7FMC2S4 in STEVAL- IHM015V1

#st7mc-rlink-steval-ihm015v1
2 REPLIES 2
external
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:15

I am trying to reprogram my Ev Board and I got the following message:

''Error : Cannot communicate with the device ! Option Bytes are Enabled on the device.

Check the ICC cable connection and check all the needed pin connections on the ICP connector.''

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Gigi
Senior
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:15

Dear Mr.

mailto:marc.marolf@iftest.ch

I take this opportunity to reopen the thread of ST7MC + RLink.

When the STEVAL-IHM015V1 Has Been Developed the validation has been performed using the Indart STx board.

I have today opened the original project and used a new board. I have tried to program and debug that board using the RLink.

I have absolutely had no problem to program and debug the board and I was not able to reproduce the issue you report.

I have used STVD 4.1.2 and STVD 4.1.5 using as target ICD Rlink. I have set the option byte in the default configuration stated in the manual.

I have also tried to change CSEL to Oscillator together with divider disabled and it works too.

I have also tried to enable the ''read out protection''.

When you program the option bytes with this option you are not more able to read the code.

When you try to reprogram the flash memory code a pop up appear reporting that you have to remove the read out protection in the option bytes and this will erase the whole memory. In any case I was able to reprogram option byte and flash rom.

I have performed reading/programming test also with STVP.

I don't know what else I can do to replicate your problem.

I’m sorry

Best regards

Gigi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Microcontrollers -> Motor Control Moderator,

Motor Control member marolf.marc has contacted you with a request. Kindly take the needful action!

Forum

Discussion Board

Subject

RLink and ST7FMC2S4 on the STEVAL-IHM015V1 EVB

Requester

mailto:marc.marolf@iftest.ch

Body

I have the same problem. As I try to read, program or erase the flash it says ''Cannot communicate with the device! Option Bytes are Enabled....''. I use the STVD 4.1.5, STX-RLink, the STEVAL-IHM015V1 evaluation board. The source code I created with the reference desing kit v 1.0 from ST. The option bytes configuration are as told by the UM0432 document.

Since I haven't developed anything but using standard components and code I am asking what is wrong?

I found many questions about that but no answers.

Do you know what I am doing wrong?